Thursday, October 6, 2011

got milk?

One of my favorite feminist bloggers, The Feminist Breeder recently posted this awesome entry about formula marketing in hospitals, to which another blogger named Jessica, who's blog I've never read before responded accordingly in a way that sparked much debate. They then each responded, both very eloquently. You can find Feminist Breeder's response here and Jessica's response here.

They both had well thought out arguments, but if I had to pick a side I have to say I'm with Feminist Breeder. That being said, I don't think we really need to pick sides. I love that it opened up some honest discussion about breastfeeding that is beyond the typical "Breastfeeding is a choice" rhetoric that I'm so tired of everyone being defensive about. It's really worth a read.

No comments:

Post a Comment