Saturday, July 30, 2011

lullaby

Tomorrow I'm going to a baby shower, and I am NOT going to be TFTF. I'm going to be super functional. I am not going to roll my eyes if someone makes a comment about the fetus's sports ability. (I think for my sake it's better she's having a boy and not a girl.) I'm going to be on my best behavior. I skipped out on any of the gendered gifts on the registry and went for baby bottles, pacifiers and breastmilk bags. I feel confident that I will make it through finger sandwiches and blue m&m's. I know I can do it.

But my anxiety right now is still high from my trip to Babies R Us. Between my anxiety over gender stereotypes to my dropped jaw at the overwhelming amount of stuff babies "need", my chest tightened and I suppressed the urge to run over almost a dozen children with my cart. I mean, I understand why people want to have babies. But I also think that's a personal choice and if I want to glare at your child because she won't move out of the way of my cart, that should be okay too.

No comments:

Post a Comment