Friday, October 21, 2011

to love and to cherish

Tomorrow my old college buddy Mel and my young dems buddy Trey are getting married....to each other. They are like salt and pepper, peanut butter and jelly, macaroni and cheese, Fred and Ginger - just basically two people who are absolutely perfect for each other and who belong together. I think the world sighed a big breath of relief when these two souls finally met on that fateful day a little over two years ago.

So for them I'd like to share a little bit of wisdom from my wedding that has held great meaning for us.

Trey & Melissa: Because you will be safe in marriage, you can risk; because you have been promised a future, you can take extraordinary chances. Because you know you are loved, you can step beyond your fears; because you have been chosen, you can transcend your insecurities. You can make mistakes, knowing the other will be there to catch you. And because mistakes and risks are the very essence of change, of expansion, in marriage you will expand to your fullest capacity.

I love you guys. I wish you a lifetime full of joy and happiness. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment